Highlights of the tour
- Explore the undefined beauty of the magnificent Pinjore Garden with its mini zoo, Japanese Park, sparkling water bodies and refreshing fountains
- Visit the quaint Timber Trail Resort wrapped in the folds of the Shivalik Ranges and spend a cool family day
- Experience the enchantment of Shimla complete with a Kufri trip
- Shimla sightseeing will get interesting with a taste of colonial architectural magnificence
- Natural beauty of Pandoh Dam site and the beauty of temples perched on hill tops will take your breath away.
- Enjoy the peace of the lush green valleys and the never-ending snow-capped ranges
- Take a dip in the healing waters of Vashisht Bath
- Visit Nehru Kund for the natural spring that has cool and fresh water running amidst exquisite natural beauty
- Explore Van Vihar or Himalayan nature Park to spot some more varieties of mountain flora and fauna
- Go to the Tibetan Monastery for a peep into the authentic Tibetan culture in the Dalai Lama Temple and Namgyal Monastery
- Exciting evening shopping at the local market on the bustling Mall Road
- Have a quiet cup of coffee at the delicious café bars of Dharamshala
- Witness the mesmerizing panoramic view of the mountains at Rohtang pass
- Enjoy the feel of Switzerland in India with a visit to Dalhousie, Chamba and Khajjiar
- Catch the best of Chandigarh with Rock Garden, Sukhna Lake, Zakir Hussain Rose Garden, Chhatbir Zoo, Government Museum and Art gallery
- Day 1: Chandigarh to Shimla
- Day 2: Day excursion to Kufri and Shimla sightseeing
- Day 3: Transfer from Shimla to Manali by road
- Day 4: Manali local sightseeing
- Day 5: Day trip to Rohtang Pass
- Day 6: Transfer from Manali to Dharamshala
- Day 7: Dharmshala sightseeing and transfer from Dharmshala to Dalhousie
- Day 8: Sightseeing in and around Dalhousie: Chamba and Khajjiar
- Day 9: Transfer from Dalhousie to Chandigarh
- Day10: Transfer from Chandigarh to Delhi
On your arrival our representative shall arrange for a smooth pick up from the Chandigarh Airport or Chandigarh Railway station and we shall immediately arrange for a departure for Shimla. On the way, visit the magnificent Pinjore Garden and Timber Trail.
Pinjore Garden: This Mughal-style built beautiful garden is also known as Yadvinder Garden. It spreads over an extensive 100 acres of land and is well manicured with sparkling water bodies, refreshing fountains and meticulously designed greenery. It is located at the Himalayan foothills. It is built in terraced form and has a mini zoo, nursery and even a Japanese garden among various other attractions.
Timber Trail: It is a beautiful and unique property wrapped in the folds of the Shivalik Ranges of Himalayas in the Parwanoo district of Himachal Pradesh offering a majestic view of the valley spread all across. It is unparalleled beauty combined with luxury and charm.
Timber Trail Heights has serenity and excitement and plenty to do for family and kids. The approach via the ropeway across the deep gorges offers a sensational and thrilling experience.
On arrival in Shimla, hassle-free check-in at the hotel of your choice. Relaxing dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
The day marks the excitement of Kufri excursion. After breakfast set out for a happening day trip to Kufri. Kufri has a lot of beauty and surprises to offer to tourists and travellers. It is located 20 kms away from the Shimla.
- Himalayan National Park or the Himalayan Wildlife Zoo is a major attraction for kids and it contains several different species of animals and birds.
- Enjoy the Pony and Yak Ride to the highest point of Kufri. The ride is a memorable one through muddy patches and winding alleys. Once you reach the top, you get a magnificent view of the Himalayan ranges stretching across and the wide meadows and valleys far and wide.
- Kufri offers a beautiful view of the unending Himalayan Ranges spread all around.
After lunch continue with Shimla sightseeing of various places in and around.
- Viceregal Lodge has an architectural magnificence that attracts a lot of tourists. It was the summer residence of the Indian Viceroy during the British Rule and is also known as the Rashtrapati Niwas. It was built in 1885 and houses some very ancient British literature and photos that are worth seeing.
- Christ Church built in 1844 is the second oldest Church in Northern India. It is a major landmark of Shimla and perhaps the most frequently photographed monument of all Shimla’s architectural marvels. It is built in the Neo-Gothic style. It is unique and its silhouette dominates the Shimla sky-line and can be seen from very far off. The church contains five stained glass windows and a clock that accentuates its beauty.
- The Gaiety Theatre was opened for public for the first time in 1887. It is beautifully adorned with Paper Mache panels that remind us of the colonial style of architecture. It depicts a Gothic style architecture and Victorian finesse. It is known for housing the performances of many stalwarts such as Rudyard Kipling, Sashi Kapoor, K. L. Sehgal and similar others.
- The Ridge is a popular tourist point in Shimla and is located on the busy Mall road. It is situated 0 kms from the city centre and tourists and travellers enjoy taking crowding at The Ridge. The point offers stunning views.
- The Mall Road of Shimla is a shopper’s paradise and has hundreds of tourists flocking in and around every day buying exquisite local handicrafts, wood carvings, decorative items, woollen shawls, colourful caps, mufflers and sweater, stoles and carpets, exquisite jewellery and a lot more.
Return to the hotel by evening, have a leisurely dinner and an overnight stay at the hotel.
After having morning breakfast, you check out of the Shimla hotel to depart for the enchanting lands of Manali in the heart of Himalayas. On the way to Manali, stop to visit a few interesting sites.
Pandoh Dam is a picturesque dam built across the River Beas and offers a peaceful setting to camp, hold family parties and hangouts. The reservoir has emerald green waters surrounding by a coniferous belt all around and is a primary tourist spot just 10 kms away from Manali.
Enjoy boating amidst a perfect setting in the heart of the lofty mountain ranges
Hanogi Mata Temple in the Kullu district is a sacred shrine dedicated to Hindu Goddess Hanogi Mata. The temple overlooks the lovely meadows and lush green valleys. It is popular religious haunt. A quaint stream runs beside the temple and it also offer facilities for rock climbing and trekking nearby.
On arrival at Manali check in at the hotel of your choice. Have dinner and overnight stay for further adventure of the trip.
This day marks the happy sightseeing of the beautiful Himalayan paradise of Manali. After breakfast go for a Manali sightseeing.
- Gaze at the lush green valleys and the beauty of the never-ending snow-capped ranges beyond.
- Visit the Hadimba Temple dedicated to Hidimba Devi.
- Take a walk across the Great Himalayan National Park to enjoy some rare flora and fauna.
- Offer prayers to the Manu Temple dedicated to the Sage Manu with its pagoda style architecture.
- Take a dip in the healing waters of Vashisht Bath.
- Visit Nehru Kund for the natural spring that has cool and fresh water running amidst exquisite natural beauty.
- Explore the Van Vihar to spot some more varieties of mountain flora and fauna.
- Go to the Tibetan Monastery for a peep into the authentic Tibetan culture.
- Enjoy at the Club House for an entertaining time with family.
- Conclude the day with an exciting evening shopping at the local market on the bustling Mall Road.
- To make your day still more exciting try out some adventure activities such as skiing, paragliding, rock climbing, rafting and camping.
Come back hotel by evening, and after a relaxing dinner go off to sleep for an overnight stay at the Manali hotel.
Rohtang Pass is a major attraction of visiting Manali. It acts as the gateway to the beautiful Lahaul and Spiti Valleys. Situated at a mighty altitude of 3979 metres above sea level and at a distance of about 51 kms from Manali on the Manali-Keylong Highway, Rohtang Pass offers mesmerizing panoramic view of the mountains. It is a frequented spot but remains open only during the summer months and is closed from November to May due to extremely high snowfall. Temperature dips as you climb higher and higher and is real chilly up at the pass.
After breakfast, proceed for a check out from the Manali hotel. We shall make immediate arrangement for your smooth transfer to Dharamshala. On the way, visit the popular Kullu Vaishno Devi Temple to offer prayers and seek blessings. Also visit the Kullu Shawl Weaving Centre and pick up some lovely and warm shawls for yourself and your close ones to gift.
On reaching Dharamshala check in at the hotel of your choice. Spend the Rest of the day at leisure exploring the hotel facilities. Have an early dinner followed by an overnight stay at the Dharamshala hotel.
After breakfast, proceed for a guided tour of the Dharamshala City. Among the local tourist attractions visit the following for a complete experience of Dharamshala
- Dalai Lama Temple is a nice, serene and cosy temple with picturesque settings where you can indulge in prayers, meditation, turning prayer wheels, enjoying the books in the library and tasting the romance of Tibetan culture and art.
- Namgyal Monastery, established in 1992, is the seat of Dalai Lama and other Buddhist monks who reside and pray here. The monastery holds regular sessions in which travellers can take part. Rotate the prayer wheels and chant the Buddhist mantras.
- Enjoy the joyous beauty of nature by visiting Dal Lake, Bags Nag Temple, Guyton Monastery, St. John Church and Nadir view point.
After the sightseeing, our representatives shall arrange for a smooth and escorted transfer from Dharamshala to Dalhousie. Checkin at the hotel of your choice in Dalhousie and overnight stay in Dalhousie
From Dalhousie explore the close-by prominent tourist destinations. After breakfast, proceed to visit the exciting point of Kalatop covered by a rich mountain pine and conifer vegetation and the winding mountain paths and if luck may have it encounter a chance rare Himalayan bird or feline species apart from the abundant deer and birds and monkeys.
Also visit the grand and cool beautiful meadows of Khajjiar and get the feel of being in Switzerland even in India. The glen has thick and rich cover of vegetation and is surrounded by magnificent hills and forests of cedar, birch, pine, deodar and spruce.
Next visit the temple land of Holy Chamba spread on the banks of River Ravi. It is famous for its brilliant and popular temples such as the Chamunda Devi Temple, the Lakshmi Narayan Temple and the Bajreshwari Temple. Also visit the interesting Bhuri Singh Museum to see the local handicrafts. After an eventful day of sightseeing, drive back to the Dalhousie hotel for a tasty dinner spread and overnight stay.
Morning check out of Dalhousie hotel after breakfast. Proceed to Chandigarh and after arrival, check-in at a hotel of your choice. Rest of the day is at leisure. You are free to spend some quality time visiting the various attractions of Chandigarh such as the Rock Garden, Sukhna Lake, Zakir Hussain Rose Garden, Chhatbir Zoo, Government Museum and Art gallery. Overnight stay at Chandigarh hotel.
Last day of the long and memorable Himachal tour. Morning check out from the Chandigarh hotel. After breakfast and transfer to Delhi. In the evening get dropped at the Delhi Airport or the Delhi Railway station for your journey back home after a refreshing trip.