Highlights of the tour
- Visit the enchanting Tsuglagkhang Complex famous for being the religious centre of the Tibetans and the Namgyal Monastery and the Gyuto Monastery
- Go for boating in the magnificent and charming Dal Lake, set amidst picturesque mountains and verdant conifers
- Get enthralled by the Bhagsunag Temple, which is a famous pilgrimage site dedicated to Lord Shiva and the adjoining Bagsunath Waterfall
- Pay an exciting visit to the Kalatop animal sanctuary a beautiful mix of lush green forests and snow-capped gigantic mountain ranges
- Take in the unending beauty of the Khajjiar valley, India`s Mini Switzerland
- Taste the variety of lip-smacking dishes and take in the cool ambience
- Get adventurous with zorbing fun, yak rides, photography
- Explore Chamba for the famous temples such as Lakshmi Narayan Temple, the most ancient and biggest temple in Chamba, Manimahesh Temple in the heart of the Pir Panjal range and Hariraya Temple where you stand awestruck by the jewelled and adorned Vishnu idol in chariot pulled by six divine horses
- Enjoy the spellbinding beauty of the Manimahesh Lake with its snow white frozen terrains and the dance of the blue mountains among the white clouds
- Day 1: Arrival at Delhi and fun trip to Dharamshala by road
- Day 2: Explore the fascinating Tibetan culture-steeped Dharamshala
- Day 3: Travel from Dharamshala to Dalhousie
- Day 4: Discover Dalhousie with the beauty of Chamba Valley and Khajjiar
- Day 5: Transfer from Dalhousie to Delhi and departure
On arrival at the capital of Delhi, our representatives would offer you a comfortable transfer to exotic mountain town of Dharamshala. Also, our tour and travel personnel will offer a pick-up service from the Railway station of Delhi or the Airport around 470 kms away or the Pathankot Railway station around 15 kms away. You will reach Dharamshala by evening and we shall get you settled comfortably in the hotel of your choice. Spend the evening exploring the hotel and the landmarks surrounding the hotel property. Have dinner at leisure and retire for a peaceful and restful overnight stay at hotel.
After a hearty breakfast, set out for an interesting drive around the city and explore the jewels of Dharamshala.
- Proceed towards the fascinating Tsuglagkhang Complex which is famous for being the religious centre built as early as in 1959 at the time of His Holiness Dalai Lama’s visit to India for the first time. It houses the residence of Dalai Lama’s abode and a gorgeous monastery and also showcases Tibetan dance and music performances along with holy session delivered by the supreme monks, including Dalai Lama himself.
- Also, visit the Dal Lake, magnificent and charming, set amidst picturesque mountains and verdant conifers offering relaxing boating expeditions and a soothing picnic setting.
- Next, visit the Namgyal Monastery, the biggest Tibetan monastery outside Tibet. The view that the monastery commands along with the tranquillity that the monastery premises offer, the enchantment created by the continuous chanting of the monks and the revolving prayers wheels, the array for bright colours, the magnificence of the statues and pictorial depiction of Lord Buddha make this monastery worth visiting.
After a day-long visit Come back hotel by the evening, Dinner and over night stay at hotel.
Before saying the final goodbye to the enchanting land of the Tibetans, explore the town a bit more closely.
- After the day’s breakfast, visit the Gyuto Monastery in which resides the Karmapa or the Head of the Kagyu Tibetan Buddhism. Gyuto monastery is famed for being the centre of research for Buddhist Philosophy, Tantric rituals and associated meditation. It presents a serene and calm environment equally mixed with a generous quota of beauty in its décor and architectural style. The monastery is set spanning the mesmerising Dhauladhar ranges and offers a treat to the eyes. The abundance of rose bushes hanging heavy with sweet fragrance and lovely hypnotic flowers create a magically stunning atmosphere.
- Next, proceed towards the Bhagsunag Temple, which is a famous pilgrimage site dedicated to Lord Shiva. This ancient temple is located among the lofty ranges and has to be reached via winding mountain roads. Get enthralled by the natural beauty of the setting. Pilgrims also take a holy dip in the waters of the freshwater man-made pool in the temple premises. Located in its fringes in the upper hills in the beauty-riddled Bhagsu Falls tumbling from a height of 20 metres among the naturally green mountain vegetation.
After a joyful lunch in the hotel, complete the check-out process and depart for Dalhousie. On arrival at the next picturesque destination of Dalhousie, check in to the hotel of your choice. Get fresh and start off to explore the locality. Pay a visit to the bustling Mall Road and do some shopping. Reach the Gandhi Chowk area and kook for Tibetan handicrafts, woollen shawls, silver trinkets, decorative Tibetan prayer wheels, colourful rugs and carpets and filigreed jewellery. Return to the hotel by evening to have a delicious dinner and retire to hotel room for an overnight stay.
Wake up in the fresh environs of Dalhousie and get prepared for a gala time to be spent ahead. After having your breakfast at the hotel, set out for a day-long excursion through the enchanting nearby regions luring all tourists.
- Begin the day with an exciting visit to the Kalatop animal sanctuary a beautiful mix of lush green forests and snow-capped gigantic mountain ranges. Kalatop calls for a 12-km long trek through the mesmerizing wilderness. The thick deodar and fir lined mountain trail spread beside the River Ravi leads to the high-altitude forest where you live the thrill of spotting various wild animals such as an occasional leopard or a jackal or the various naughty breeds of monkey or the various beautiful Himalayan bird species.
- Khajjiar or the more popularly known India`s Mini Switzerland is a beautiful green valley with a lake fed by a small stream. The lake with take your breath away with its natural beauty of the dark green forests and the blue and white-topped hills stretching beyond. The variety of lip-smacking dishes and the cool ambience along with the zorbing fun, yak rides, photography and leisurely time spent will make it a fulfilling experience.
- Chamba is noted for the ancient and famous temples. Thousands of tourists flock to Chamba to have a glimpse of the Lakshmi Narayan Temple, the most ancient and biggest temple in Chamba, Manimahesh Temple in the heart of the Pir Panjal range, Hariraya Temple where you stand awestruck by the jewelled and adorned Vishnu idol in chariot pulled by six divine horses. Seek the blessing of the greatest of the Gods and Goddesses and enjoy the spellbinding beauty of the Manimahesh Lake with its snow white frozen terrains and the dance of the blue mountains among the white clouds.
In the evening drive back to hotel, dinner and over night stay at hotel.
Day of departure. Time to bid adieu to the mountains till the next trip. Early morning breakfast at the hotel followed by a drop to the nearest airport or railway station or even to the Delhi Airport or New Delhi Railway station for your journey back home.