Highlights of the tour
- Take a thorough visit of the famous Dalai Lama Temple.
- Visit the charm of Bhagsu Nath Temple is for enjoying the spirituality in the air
- Visit the interesting Namgyal Monastery
- Spent the evening at leisure shopping at the Mall Road
- Explore Khajjiar, the Mini Switzerland of India
- Gaze at the snow-capped majestic peaks of the Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar ranges in Chamba
- Visit the famous Chaurasi Temple square that has 84 shrines built as early as in the 7th century
- Visit the Manimahesh Kailash peak and if possible take a dip in the glacial Manimahesh Lake
- Explore the beauty of the small town of Chamba spread along the banks of river Ravi
- Visit Lakshmi Narayan temple, Bajreswari temple, Hari Rai Temple and Chamunda Devi temple
- Visit Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary for some more excitement
- Day 1: Arrival at Chandigarh and fun journey to Dharamshala
- Day 2: Dharamshala sightseeing and Dharamshala to Dalhousie transfer by road
- Day 3: Dalhousie sightseeing with Chamba and Khajjiar excursion
- Day 4: Transfer back from Dalhousie to Chandigarh for departure
On arrival at Chandigarh, our representative will pick you up from the Chandigarh Airport or Chandigarh Railway Station. We shall then direct you for transfer to Dharamshala by road. Reach Dharamshala by evening and proceed to check in at the hotel of your choice. Have a sumptuous and relaxing dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
After breakfast, proceed for a guided tour of the Dharamshala City. Among the local tourist attractions visit the following for a complete experience of Dharamshala
- Dalai Lama Temple is a nice, serene and cosy temple with picturesque settings where you can indulge in prayers, meditation, turning prayer wheels, enjoying the books in the library and tasting the romance of Tibetan culture and art.
- Bhagsu Nath Temple is for enjoying the spirituality in the air, the freshness of untainted nature, the dip in the sacred pools that can cure many unfortunate ailments and to grab a bite in the cafes and shacks in the fringes.
- Namgyal Monastery, established in 1992, is the seat of Dalai Lama and other Buddhist monks who reside and pray here. The monastery holds regular sessions that you can witness and participate and feel the power and peace of meditation. Rotate the prayer wheels and chant the Buddhist mantras.
After an interesting city sojourn, proceed towards Dalhousie by road in the afternoon. On arrival at Dalhousie, check in at the hotel of your choice. Spent the evening at leisure shopping at the Mall Road. Overnight stay at the Dalhousie hotel.
After an early morning breakfast, proceed towards having a fun time at Chamba and Khajjiar.
- Khajjiar is so beautiful that it is popularly known as India’s Mini Switzerland. This picturesque and green, widely spanning glade has forests at its fringes. It is known for its unique natural beauty, greenery and deep dark forest cover rising against the still more fantastic mountain ranges stretching beyond. It is considered a primary attraction of Dalhousie.
Chamba is very famous for the unique and popular temples. In Chamba do the following things:
- Gaze at the snow-capped majestic peaks of the Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar ranges.
- Visit the famous Chaurasi Temple square that has 84 shrines built as early as in the 7th century.
- Visit the Manimahesh Kailash peak and if possible take a dip in the glacial Manimahesh Lake.
- Explore the beauty of the small town spread along the banks of river Ravi.
- Visit Lakshmi Narayan temple, Bajreswari temple, Hari Rai Temple and Chamunda Devi temple.
- Visit Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary and enjoy the adventure and thrill of the rich cover of mountain forest where you might encounter a bear or leopard or maybe a jackal or langur.
In the evening, drive back to hotel for a relaxing dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
This is the last day of the trip and early in the morning you check out of the hotel. Before checkout, catch up with a quick breakfast and then our representative shall drop you at the Chandigarh Airport or Chandigarh Railway station for your onward journey back home with lots of happy memories.